Like mah horses? #detaildrawing #art #horses
- High-School Teachers: You need to be professional when you go to college. High-School dress-code reflect what COLLEGE classes expect you to wear.
- Actual College Student: I know this class is at 5:00 pm, but I'm wearing pajama pants and a tank top.
- Actual College Professor: lol same.
Art and a some #agentsofshield
HAVE YOU ENTERED YET? DEADLINE IS TOMORROW!
Diversity in YA’s 2014 Back to School Giveaway
It’s September, which means we’re back to business as usual here at DiYA and many of you are back to school! To celebrate the fall, we’re giving away these nine awesome new and upcoming diverse young adult books to three lucky winners.
Here’s how this will work:
1. We’ve divided these nine books into three packs of three:
Prize Pack 1: Thriller/Science Fiction
- The Doubt Factory by Paolo Bacigalupi (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Oct. 14, 2014
- Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis (Abrams) — Signed hardcover!
- Love Is the Drug by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Arthur A. Levine Books) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
Prize Pack 2: Realistic Fiction
- Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero (Cinco Puntos) — Advance copy; Paperback/Hardcover release October 2014
- Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley (Harlequin Teen) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
- Diamond Boy by Michael Williams (Little, Brown) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Dec. 2, 2014
Prize Pack 3: Nonfiction
- Rethinking Normal: A Memoir in Transition by Katie Rain Hill (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers) — Advance copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
- Some Assembly Required: The Not-So-Secret Life of a Transgender Teen by Arin Andrews (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers) — Advance copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
- We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Dec. 23, 2014
2. We will pick three winners to receive one prize pack each. (You can tell us which prize pack you prefer in the entry form.)
3. Because of the cost of international shipping, we are only able to ship to U.S. mailing addresses. International folks may enter as long as they have a U.S. mailing address.
4. Teachers and librarians get an extra entry for free!
5. The deadline to enter is the end of the day, Sept. 19, 2014.
If you can’t see the entry form widget above, go here to enter.
Thank you to Arthur A. Levine Books; Cinco Puntos; Harlequin Teen; Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; and Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers for generously donating copies of these books for this giveaway.
What if women had minstrel cycles instead of menstrual cycles? You’d just have a guy with a lute follow you around for a week every month and play you songs constantly?
My boyfriend (via thecarrionlibrarian)
#no but can you imagine if that was how you learned once a month you weren’t pregnant#by some dude singing songs about the victory of it#you wake up and he’s there and you are so happy#this dude becomes your favorite dude#but then you realize you haven’t seen your friend’s minstrel in a while#I mean everyone notices#like half the people are on the same cycle so for one week out of four your job is just flooded with fucking minstrels everywhere#the cacophony#but Mary over there is all alone#and she’s like my minstrel is late#but we all fucking know#her minstrel has gone off to find her a baby#a nine month journey he must make alone#and until he comes back there is no music in her life#what a glorious world this would be#I love the minstrels (@onionjuggler)
Crowley being the last one alive at the end of season 10 and right before the end credits you just see him holding a contract and he looks at the camera and says “Looks like your 10 years are up, love. Be sure to leave your feelings behind for the next show.”
and then he disappears and as the screen fades to black all you hear is barking and howling getting louder until one final growl is heard and then silence.
HIDE THIS FROM THE WRITERS.
youtube seems to think that i have a dog who’s REALLY in need of a good flea and tick medication
I’ve read some really amazing books so far in 2014 and I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to read them as well! So I’m hosting a giveaway!
- You must be following me, obviously.
- You can reblog and like as many times as you need
- The giveaway is international thanks to thebookdepository
- The giveaway ends November 1st at 12pm eastern time.
- The winner gets to choose ONE of the books above
- The winner has 48 hours to respond to me, or another will be chosen
- Any other questions just ask
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Pumzi - dir. Wanuri Kahiu // Kenya
In a dystopian future 35 years after an ecological WWIII has torn the world apart, East African survivors of the devastation remain locked away in contained communities, but a young woman in possession of a germinating seed struggles against the governing council to bring the plant to Earth’s ruined surface.
The main character is a museum curator in the future and also yes I would like see this now please
THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THIS I DON’T LIKE
GET INTO THISmight dig this.
Dean: Amber Heard
Sam: Missy Peregrym
Castiel: Zooey Deschanel
Crowley: Helena Bonham Carter
Bobby: Margo Martindale
Lucifer: Emilia Fox
Balthazar: Kristen Bell
Gabriel: Nina Dobrev
Ruby: Chace Crawford
Jo: Tom Felton
Charlie: Rupert Grint
Kevin: Gemma Chan
Ellen: Sean Bean
Adam: Emma Roberts
John: Demi Moore
Bella: Chris Pine
Nap time 😴
Nap was much longer than expected, but I feel like 90% better now
Nap time 😴